Carpet cleaning solutions that is available in the shops, in often very expensive. Many are made with chemicals that you would like to avoid. Here are some solutions in your home you can use the next time you want to clean your carpets.
- Before steam cleaning vacuum your carpet, completely in two directions. Lift small particles such as dust mites and their waste using a bagels vacuum cleaner equipped with a HEPA filter.
- Fill your carpet cleaning machine with hot water. Mites are killed at temperatures above 130 degrees Fahrenheit (54 ° C). If your water heater is in a lower setting for security, heats water in the kitchen.
- To make a foam solution to clean the carpet, add 1/2 cup of dish soap or laundry detergent, like Seventh Generation in the tank. Mix 1/2 cup of baking soda or borax in solution.
- To make non-foaming solution place 1 cup vinegar, 10 drops of eucalyptus oil, 15 drops of lemon essential oil and 1/2 cup of baking soda or borax in the tank.
- Wash the carpet in two opposite directions for maximum cleaning. Lava stained areas more than once with the machine. The carpets pretreated, often leave the area with a lighter than the rest of the carpet color.
- Use a ceiling fan or other cooling method to increase air circulation in the room. This will speed up the drying of the carpet.
Tips & Warnings:
- When using the non-foaming solution, you can use different essential oils based on your personal preferences.
- Always wash the carpets when the humidity is low. Molds and mites thrive in moist environments, so make sure you have adequate air circulation and low humidity to accelerate the amount of time required to completely dry the carpet.